BREEDE RIVER NEWS

RudiBotha

Re: BREEDE RIVER NEWS

Post by RudiBotha » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:07 am

Friend of mine took his 2 boys to Witsand about a week ago. Caught some nice grunter on river but lost many of them to Zambezi's!

RudiBotha

Post by RudiBotha » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:10 am

Want to buy some light Rod & reel and try my hand at some Rapalas on Breede . Any nice spots from shore walking distance from Witsand lodge up river?

Prawnker
Boat: 17' Baronet
Best catch: 11 kg cob, 79cm grunter

Post by Prawnker » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:53 pm

Planning a trip to Witsand this weekend. Does any one know the state of the river after the recent rains ?

RudiBotha

Post by RudiBotha » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:26 pm

Lots of freshwater coming down the river towards the mouth I believe. Friend of mine cancelled his trip on Monday due to it.

RudiBotha

Post by RudiBotha » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:32 am

Prawnker wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:53 pm
Planning a trip to Witsand this weekend. Does any one know the state of the river after the recent rains ?
How was the trip? Any luck?

Kingfisher
Boat: 15ft Ski Craft c/c with 60HP Yamaha
Best catch: 12kg white mussel cracker, 12kg cobby

Post by Kingfisher » Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:09 pm

Hi RudiBotha
I came back from Witsand this afternoon. I went down Tuesday afternoon and fished from the Wednesday morning early. Water was still very dirty, and only had a slight change in color on the pushing tide. I didn't have much hope of getting fish, but the odd cob came out on some boats working up in the river towards the power lines. I heard some guys were targeting grunters further towards the mouth and decided to fish for them instead of heading up in the river hoping to get one of those elusive cobbies.
Well to say the least, me and my dad did very well for the 4 days of fishing. we managed to get 22 grunters, and lost another 6 to the tax man, better known as the bull shark. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Was an excellent fishing trip, as always.

RudiBotha

Post by RudiBotha » Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:15 pm

Hey Kingfisher

Lekker man! My cousin was down there last week Monday and Tuesday. Caught 7 grunter on river and 2 x 4 kg kob at the mouth area. He also sent me a pic of a 45kg kob caught right in the mouth opposite kabeljou bank on Tuesday after they left. It seems January month was excellent up at witsand.

RudiBotha

Post by RudiBotha » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:48 pm

Just back from 4 day trip to witsand. Went out with Wihan who does charters. caught some nice grunter in front of breede lodge on pencil bait. Biggest was 69 cm. Had a leerie follow my plug right up to the boat also in front of lodge. Lots of grunters tailing at groenpunt but none taking topwater lures though. Had something take half of a live bait at Gillies(Probably an elf)

Return to “Breede River”