Goukou fishing

Goukou fishing

Postby Will28 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:43 pm

Spent the past weekend fishing the goukou river and although the tides were not the best we were able to land quite a few juvenile leeries. the grunters and kob however eluded us but all in all a good weekend. captured some footage on my gopro and decided to make a video. let me know what you think. this is my first try but will hopefully be producing a few more in the coming months.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_sy4woQmI0
Will28

Boat: Quintrex
Best catch: 50lb Sturgeon

Re: Goukou fishing

Postby juanita » Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:08 pm

Nice footage of the Goukou, will be in Stilbaai early in the new year once the holiday folk return home and the river calms down again. I am surprised you had no Grunter as they were plentiful in Nov. Some nice juvenile leerie's , well done
juanita

Boat: Seacat 510 cc 2 x 40hp Yamaha's ( JUANITA )
Best catch: Yellowfin 75kg

Postby RyanH » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:14 am

Gents - I am planning on going up to Stilbaai for a few days over the Easter weekend time as mates of ours from JHB will be down. Planning on taking the duck and fishing mainly in the estuary. I have not been to Stilbaai since I was a kid - is it worth my while taking the duck, is there anything of reasonable size to be caught in the river ?
RyanH

Boat: Ocean Runner 17
Best catch: The last one

Postby Jollyjumnper » Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:51 am

RyanH wrote:Gents - I am planning on going up to Stilbaai for a few days over the Easter weekend time as mates of ours from JHB will be down. Planning on taking the duck and fishing mainly in the estuary. I have not been to Stilbaai since I was a kid - is it worth my while taking the duck, is there anything of reasonable size to be caught in the river ?

Ryan

The river is productive for Cob and Grunter - you not allowed to trawl in the river and there are now areas that you can / cant catch. Yuo might even pick up a Garrick or Elf so enjoy ! If not - there is a farm called Botterkloof that has some lekker bass fishing - not sure if they open to the public anymore. but ask for Elsa she is amazing !
Jollyjumnper

Boat: Stingray Semi Rigid 4.4 m with two 40HP Mariners
Best catch: +/- 80kg Yellowfin Tuna

Postby King bass » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:25 am

Can any one point me in the correct direction for some bait to fish the river?
Fishing isnt everything in life, its much more serious than that
King bass

Boat: Available as crew with own tackle and skippers.
Best catch: anything

Postby Jollyjumnper » Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:16 am

Go pump prawns further down the river for cobby and grunter. Best I found is to fish at night when it's quiet with a live mullet or streepie on a pushing tide - you can catch either at harbor wall or through your through net.
Jollyjumnper

Boat: Stingray Semi Rigid 4.4 m with two 40HP Mariners
Best catch: +/- 80kg Yellowfin Tuna

Return to Stilbaai