First launch

First launch

Postby rasta12 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:45 pm

On Sunday I launched my 3.4 Stingray soft bottom for the first time . After weeks of struggling to make the launching wheels it all came together. With the help of Ironman 4x4 and family ( what a great guy Adrian is) I finished the project. The place was Rietvlei dam and the venue was Milnerton Aquatic Club. The setup will always be a slepp, but easy enough for a newbie. The Suzuki 15 hp 4 stroke started on the second pull. I had to listen very carefully to hear that the motor was running. Lol. I followed the breaking in instructions to the letter, to the annoyance of some boater a reckon. At half throttle I could get on the plain and then retard a little bit with no passengers on board. If I used 0.5 l of petrol during the 01:30 on the water it's to much. The rest of the 12 l petrol can was used as weight on the bow. No smoke. What a joy to work with 4 stroke. Wile I was on the water, the wife and kid used the club's pool and restaurant. ( happy wife happy boating ) Thanks to all the guys at the club for their help and understanding, especially Dawn, the club secretary. Happy days.
Attachments
IMG-20170109-WA0001.jpg
rasta12

Boat: no boat
Best catch: kwota yellow tail

Re: First launch

Postby Pugwash » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:30 am

Awesome... enjoy your baby. I also love my little DFs.
Pugwash

Boat: Bandit 380 DF20
Ark Minnow DF5
Best catch: 1m+ Geets

Postby rasta12 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:31 pm

Thanks Pugwash. Already started dreaming of an upgrade.
rasta12

Boat: no boat
Best catch: kwota yellow tail

Postby jpet » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:00 pm

Enjoy your boat rusta12

Very nice
jpet

Boat: BUTTCAT 750 XL Gamefisher walk around cabin, powered by twin 115 HP Suzuki 4 stroke motors

Boat Name - URISHA , (BUTTCAT GAMEFISHER WALK AROUND - Built by NAUTI-TECH) at FBYC
Best catch: 91 kg Yellowfin Tuna

Postby Kailele » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:12 am

Nice one Rasta.

I took ownership of one in April 2016.I started to have my doubts when first trying to set it up with floor boards and pumping but then discovered some tricks to ease the load.

Mission 1 - Floor Boards
Use plumbers lube along the edges of the floor boards and position the back section in first, then try line up the front. With the boat being almost completely flat (Very Important for the floor board mission) and front and back lined up, with one foot on the ridge of the floor board and the other on land, grab the rope running through the eyes on top of the pontoons and pull up, simultaneously apply downward foot pressure on the floor board. This will push the front in under the nose and the edges in under the flaps. Extra win is if you can get your buddy/minister of home affairs (wife) to do the exact same motion on the other side at the same time.
Mission 1 - Complete

Mission 2 - Inflation
Got yourself a airbed 12v pump. When the boat valves are in the free/open position the pump will fill the pontoons up 95% of the way. Thereafter switch valves to the one way position and use the hand pump to get the desired pressure. Back in the day before i got the 12v and it came time to pumping, my crew would normally disappear into thin air. Miraculously they would reappear once boat was fully inflated cool, calm and collected. I on the other hand drenched in sweat, out of breath and ready to call it a day. The pump want more than R300.
Mission 2 - Complete.

Lastly mount some cup holders and a Garmin Striker 4dv to the bench seat, rod holders on the transom and you're set.

Hope the above helps man.

Cheers
Attachments
Malahini1.jpg
Kailele

Boat: Stealth 525
Best catch: 25kg Yellowfin

Return to Boat Reviews and Discussions