Suzuki outboards making oil

backline

Suzuki outboards making oil

Post by backline » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:22 pm

Howzit our there.
At my first service on my brand new 140 lean burns, my PE dealer informed me that both of my engines were 50mm above the full oil level and I should monitor it. I am now changing oil every 50 hrs as the engines are making oil. My agent advised me to fit new thermostats and a higher viscosity oil which did zip.
I am convinced that my engines are suffering massive engine wear due to poor lubrication.
Please check your oil levels and if you have the problem you may need help.
Send me a PM as there is a group in PE who are considering a nation wide class action lawsuit as this fight will be too costly for just a few individuals.
My local Yamaha agent said if I were to add a litre of petrol to my crankcase he would void any warranty.
All we are looking for is support from Suzuki in the form of extended warranties, although some of the guys are saying they want nothing less than new engines.

Fully Hooked
Boat: 830 XL Butt Cat Game Fisher with 2x Suzuki 175Hp fly by wire. Member of St Francis Bay Ski Boat Club. Boat name:Reel Addiction
Best catch: 600lbs Black Marlin

Re: Suzuki outboards making oil

Post by Fully Hooked » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:48 am

Hi Guys

Have the same issue with my Zukes 175's!! :oops:

Foxhat
Boat: Carrycat 830 Sportfisher with 2 x 150 Suzuki
Sabrecat 19,6 foot with 2 x Honda 90 (For Sale)
Best catch: 53Kg Kob/107kg Yellowfin

Post by Foxhat » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:48 am

I had this same problem with my Honda 90's dumping fuel into my crankcase & the problem was the low pressure fuel pump diaphragm. I check levels every launch so picked up the problem pretty quickly & replaced both pumps even though only one engine was affected. The indication is a overfull level on your dipstick & you are right, the engine oil will loose viscosity & damage your engine. Best get Suzuki to sort this on warranty before you cause permanent damage to your bearings. The design of all new engines these days is to contain any fuel leakage which might pollute the sea by dumping it into the crank case.

QuQ
Boat: Supercat 620 Yamaha F100's

Post by QuQ » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:38 pm

There is a well supported theory that normal break in procedures aren't effective in seating the rings on four strokes, leading to petrol in the crankcase. Assuming the motor(s) is not over propped, the theory goes that you have to run them at WOT for odd bursts while breaking them in to seat the rings properly. Some guys have resolved motors making oil by running them at 5000 RPM for a solid hour. Google is your friend.

Return to “Outboard Reviews and Discussions”