Knysna Offshore fishing

Knysna Offshore fishing

Postby L Hooker » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:36 pm

Hi Guys I am going down to Knysna over December taking the boat so hoping someone could give me some info in terms of offshore fishing at Knysna. Any info would be appreciated, ie reef coordinates, species guys target etc etc. Does anyone know if you can target YFT,yellow tail or any other game fish in that area? Or is it mainly bottom fishing?
L Hooker

Boat: Tomcat 19ft 2x 115hp Suzuki 4 strokes, TTop, Raymarine autopilot Evo100, Garmin 721xs with TM150
Best catch: No particular fish!

Re: Knysna Offshore fishing

Postby QuQ » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:55 pm

Working on it! :mrgreen:

Drop me a PM before you get here and I will give you info of what's going on then (I will not be here for most of the time).

P.S time to update your profile a little ..... the Tom won't be happy!
QuQ

Boat: Supercat 620 Yamaha F100's

Postby odyssey » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:33 am

Hi Quq
As per L Hookers post I am spending xmas staying on Knysna lagoon (west head) for the first time and wish to pop out to sea for an early morning fish.
Any info re coordinates for spots relatively close to the lagoon exit would be greatly appreciated.
odyssey

Boat: 5.2m Infanta with 90hp Yamaha
Best catch: 72kg Yellowfin

Postby L Hooker » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:04 am

QuQ wrote:Working on it! :mrgreen:

Drop me a PM before you get here and I will give you info of what's going on then (I will not be here for most of the time).

P.S time to update your profile a little ..... the Tom won't be happy!

Ok great will do, LOL yes need to change it.
L Hooker

Boat: Tomcat 19ft 2x 115hp Suzuki 4 strokes, TTop, Raymarine autopilot Evo100, Garmin 721xs with TM150

Postby Leerie » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:07 pm

Fished Knysna Lagoon a couple of times. Enjoyed every moment. Is it true (and it was mentioned by a Knysna local) that no insurance company (short term) offer cover on a boat in the event if something goes wrong going to sea threw the Heads. Or rather no cover for the Heads area?
Leerie

Boat: Baronett
Best catch: cob 18kg

Postby L Hooker » Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:04 pm

Leerie wrote:Fished Knysna Lagoon a couple of times. Enjoyed every moment. Is it true (and it was mentioned by a Knysna local) that no insurance company (short term) offer cover on a boat in the event if something goes wrong going to sea threw the Heads. Or rather no cover for the Heads area?

Cant see how that could be true unless that launch is specifically stated as being excluded within the insurance contract!
L Hooker

Postby QuQ » Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:59 pm

L Hooker wrote:
Leerie wrote:Fished Knysna Lagoon a couple of times. Enjoyed every moment. Is it true (and it was mentioned by a Knysna local) that no insurance company (short term) offer cover on a boat in the event if something goes wrong going to sea threw the Heads. Or rather no cover for the Heads area?

Cant see how that could be true unless that launch is specifically stated as being excluded within the insurance contract!

My understanding is that only Lloyds TSB exclude the Heads (what I heard).
Not a problem for the rest as far as I am aware.
QuQ

Boat: Supercat 620 Yamaha F100's

Return to Knysna Lagoon