My favourite area for Rock & Surf

My favourite area for Rock & Surf

Postby Fat Cat 2 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:46 am

Hi guys I am from the Cape Town area, and recently I have been making trips up to Pearly Beach to do some fishing.I cant believe the difference in success rates from fishing at Strandfontein to the Pearly Beach area.Strandfontein is a hit and miss story for me but mostly miss.Whereas almost everytime I go to Pearlies I come back with a decent fish.For example in the recent Cob season I went there twice and both times ended up going home with very nice Cob my biggest one was 5 kilos which I am very happy with, it's my biggest Cob to date.Still looking for a double figure one :mrgreen:
Just three weeks ago I went there again looking for some Steenbras and Cracker but I came back home with my tail between my legs, I got smashed up twice, the one fish I could not stop it just ran me over some reef and cut me off.My fishing buddy was lucky and landed two nice size Steenbras one of 4 kg and one of 3.5 kg.

This is why I rate Pearlies as my favourite area for Rock & Surf.

Any other guys got some stories of their favourite places??
Fat Cat 2

Boat: 19 ft Invader Cat 2 x 90 Mariners
Best catch: 84 kg yellowfin

Re: My favourite area for Rock & Surf

Postby landshark » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:46 am

For me its undoubtedly Natures Valley. Besides being such a beautiful spot, the potential to catch a PB of one of the many reef species that’s on our coast is always there.
The problem however is it's about a 7 hr drive for me to get there so not really the type of place to just head to for a quick wetting of the line.

My second choice would be a toss-up between Betties Bay and Arniston. Betties is most probably one of the most underrated sports in the Western Cape and Arniston has such a variety of R&S fish that it's hard to beat.
landshark
Site Admin

Postby Fat Cat 2 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:29 pm

Hi Landshark

Where exactly is Natures Valley?
Fat Cat 2

Postby trier » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:04 pm

Tsitsikamma national park
All Abored
trier

Boat: Bumblebee
RIB with 60hp Suzuki
Best catch: Still trying

Postby landshark » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:31 pm

Hi Deon,

As trier correctly points out, Nature Valley is on the southern most end of the Tsitsikamma MPA, about 30 km from Plettenberg Bay. Awesome fishing spot and really good spearing there too :D

Was recently there for a bit of a break with the family. I put a little report up here: viewtopic.php?f=87&t=1415
landshark
Site Admin

Postby Fat Cat 2 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:30 am

Cool thanks guys will check it out. :)
Fat Cat 2

Return to Rock & Surf Spots