Secret Spot... - Sorry but loads of eye candy!!!

Secret Spot... - Sorry but loads of eye candy!!!

Postby Stapies » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:12 am

So I have been between contracts for 2 months and had lots of time to fish. :mrgreen:

I stayed in the holiday house in Mosselbay and the conditions for fishing was very tough... I dont call shad fishing good fishing even if you get them every day!!!

The weather was fantastic but the sea was crystal clean and eds fishing in the day was a no no in Mosselbay unless you wanted blue rays... And then you could have caught loads if you knew how!!!

So I got an invite from a mate to go to their farm more south from Mosselbay. The sea was a lot more open there and def better colour and swell... I was new to the area but decided to pack chokka, pilchard, white mussel and ink prawns... The water looked absolutely massive upon arrival and I feared it was going to be very tough!!! O well no harm in trying I thought and we climbed down the steep dune and first lines went in... Quiet.

Oh no!!! Replaced my bait with mussel and immediately vas!!! Gallie...MMMMMM released it and next cast a bronze bream...

I cant remember who hooked what when but it was insane!!!

We moved to another spot and then the fishing got even better. We were 2 guys fishing a place where no one else had access to and it was brilliant. We had to wade in very deep so we released most of the fish and the special ones we tagged.

In 2 sessions we managed 29 size fish and 11 species...

Here is some eye candy.

For the braai... And obviously that shad!!!

All fishermen are liars except you and me! And I'm not so sure about you!
Stapies

Boat: Invader cat
Best catch: Shark +- 227kg, ed kob +- 32.5kg, tunny of 50+kg

Re: Secret Spot... - Sorry but loads of eye candy!!!

Postby Stapies » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:15 am

Some pics was also from my friends previous trip. We could bot take pictures of all the fish as the wade to the beach was long and it would have been to time consuming... Its like fishing strand reefs!!!
Stapies

Postby Snoeker » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:24 pm

Lekker om die mooi visse vir 'n slag te sien. Klink ook soos 'n lekker trip! Thanks for sharing.
Snoeker

Postby Stapies » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:13 pm

Snoeker wrote:Lekker om die mooi visse vir 'n slag te sien. Klink ook soos 'n lekker trip! Thanks for sharing.

Dit was 'n amazing trip... Daar is nog goeie spots daar buite maar as jy die plekke ken maak dit 'n moerse verkil... Gelukig ken my pel aldie gaitjies en was ons sommer dadelik op goeie vis. Die lekkerste gedeelte was om 90% van die vis te release. Ek dink Stuart by ORI like die selection...
Stapies

Return to Rock & Surf Trip Reports