Night Fishing on the Breede

chum norris
Boat: Seacat 510 Cc

Night Fishing on the Breede

Post by chum norris »

I have just returned from a Breede trip. I was upset to see that there are boats fishing the Breede at night. There were two boats that would arrive at 16h30 and launch at 5h00 when I would arrive to start fishing they would be sleeping with rods out they are clearly fishing through the night. The act as it is written cannot prevent this activity it needs to be amended to state you cannot be on the Breede at night in posession of fishing tackle. We all love fishing but the pillaging of the Breede cannot be allowed or lets all just go and decimate the cob on rapalas at night utter BS. Its this kind of behaviour that forces authorities to over react and shut things down completely.
Last edited by chum norris on Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
ATaute
Boat: Graceful 17ft Flamingo
Best catch: 55kg Cob

Re: Night Fishing on the Breede

Post by ATaute »

Please get your facts straight before you make false accusations against people fishing on the Breede.Clearly you do not know the fishing times posted in the gazette.This might cost you a lot in the end.Please make contact with me regarding this post of yours on 0826166919.Firstly i am not an idiot and clearly know the rules on the river.Lets chat and sort this matter.You name and shame with false assumptions and no concrete facts Mr Norris.
Miles
Site Admin
Boat: 18' Buttcat - "LITTLE MONSTER"
25' Cape Craft - "BLACK MAGIC"

Post by Miles »

Chum Norris, we all feel very strongly about the health and well being of the breede river. However, it's not fair to assume wrong doings by other anglers, especially if there no proof.

I did some asking around and have received confirmation from 2 different parties that BOTH the vessels in question were NOT fishing through the night and that they were off the water by 9pm. Fishing is allowed between 5:00am to 8:30pm, so the boats in question did absolutely nothing wrong......
chum norris
Boat: Seacat 510 Cc

Post by chum norris »

After a long discussion with Miles he convinced me that I am mistaken regarding my accusations about certain boats. I retract the post which at this point no longer mentions names so is now moot. However I respect Miles and his desire to keep the forum civilized and as such the post is formally retracted.
ATaute
Boat: Graceful 17ft Flamingo
Best catch: 55kg Cob

Post by ATaute »

It was not necessary for a long discussion Mr.Norris.Your facts was false.Point.You insulted the George anglers calling them idiots and people are not happy.In future think before you post info that is not true.We all love the Breede River with a passion and do not take comments like this lightly.I still want you to phone me so we can have a decent discussion on this matter.

Return to “Breede River”